Corporation for Public Broadcasting Required Information
KUNR receives funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which requires the following information posted on our website:
KUNR Leadership Board Meeting
Thursday, February 16, 2017
11:30 am - 1 pm
KUNR Station Conference Room
- Call meeting to order 11:30 am
- Approve Minutes from November 10, 2016 meeting
- Staff Introduction
- Approve new three-year board terms for Deena Behnke and Lloyd Rogers.
- Update on succession plans and progress
- Local radio market update
- Spring 2017 Membership Drive
- Update from Strategic Brand Initiative Work Group
- Highlights/comments from station updates and committee reports
- Public comment and open discussion
- Adjourn 1:00 pm
KUNR employs an open meeting policy whereby interested members of the public are welcome to attend. The KUNR Leadership Board invites the public and community groups to provide input. Additionally, the Leadership Board aims to inform the station’s program development by providing opportunities for community organizations and groups to present and discuss issues of concern for their constituents. You may send your questions or concerns to the Leadership Board at any time by CLICKING HERE or by sending a letter to:
KUNR Leadership Board
Mail Stop 0294
1664 N. Virginia St.
Mail Stop 0294
Reno, NV 89557
Comments received will be sent to the chair of the Leadership Board. Management will ensure that your message is presented to the Leadership Board at its next regular meeting. The Leadership Board may include your issue or comments as an agenda item at an upcoming meeting. You will be notified via email at the disposition of your issue.
A list of Station senior/executive management
David Stipech, General Manager
University of Nevada, Reno - Mail Stop 0294
Reno, NV 89557
email: click here
KUNR is licensed to the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE), which holds meetings throughout the year. To see the calendar of scheduled Board of Regents meetings and to view the proposed agendas for these meetings please CLICK HERE. A Community Advisory Board is not required, as KUNR is licensed to the NSHE Board of Regents.
To view the 2015 KUNR Ownership Report - CLICK HERE
KUNR's Annual Local Content & Services Report - CLICK HERE
KUNR's Financial Documents - CLICK HERE
KUNR Diversity Statement
KUNR is committed to ensuring that its workforce and any governing boards it establishes strive to reflect the diversity found in the communities it serves. Central to KUNR’s mission, vision and values is maintaining a governing and workplace environment which recognizes each individual’s uniqueness and human value. KUNR strives to create and foster a supportive and accepting environment in which everyone can be successful and supported in pursuing and realizing his or her full potential within the organization.
KUNR seeks a diverse workforce and governing body, recognizing and harnessing distinct capabilities, perspectives and personalities of each individual within the group. On a personal level, the diversity of an individual is defined by his or her cultural and personal differences, as well as his or her life and professional experiences.
KUNR believes that diversity considerations extend beyond race and gender. The spectrum of diversity includes disability, religious belief, ideology, age, culture, sexual orientation, physicality, education and socioeconomic status.
KUNR is an equal opportunity employer and will attempt to recruit a diverse workforce -- explicitly forbidding discrimination or harassment.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s (CPB) Diversity Edibility Criteria require public media organizations to adopt formal goals for diversity and to report annually on steps taken to work toward those goals. These actions are required for all stations receiving Community Service Grants funds (CSG).
- To that end, KUNR has set the following diversity goals:
- To actively promote open positions through channels and avenues aimed at reaching diverse audiences of potential employees.
- To seek diverse interview subjects, topics, content-generators, producers and creative talents to influence and produce content reflecting diverse audiences and perspectives.
- To identify ways to continually improve recruitment and retention of qualified candidates to achieve diversity in the makeup of the station’s team.
- To provide equal opportunity in employment.
- To educate our management and staff annually in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons.
- To seek and nominate candidates for station boards, advisory groups or workgroups that represent the geographically and demographically diverse composition of the many communities we serve and our diverse society at large.
- To assist in developing a more diverse future workforce of talented people with professional skills in the broadcasting/media industry. This is accomplished through activities such as recruiting diverse candidates for internship and related opportunities, participating in minority or other diversity job fairs and networking and relationship-building within diverse communities.
KUNR works closely with the University of Nevada, Reno, its licensee, and reflects the university’s commitment to recruiting and hiring a diverse and vibrant workforce. Recruitment includes outreach through diversity websites, social media, advertisement, on-air, word-of-mouth, internal and external networking and other station, industry, community and university channels.
KUNR’s staff, volunteers and interns are reflective of our increasingly diverse community. Over the past two to three years, KUNR has continually examined and refined its efforts to identify and utilize online and other sources to foster a diverse workforce of qualified and talented team members.
Through training at staff, management and board levels, participation in minority job fairs, recruiting diverse interns and/or other initiatives, KUNR is committed to the ideals of honoring the inherent value in all people from all backgrounds who together bring their talents and skills to our organization for the benefit of the diverse communities and audiences we serve.